We’ve lost more of our classic TV favorites recently. A sad farewell to:
- Actor-comedian-writer Bill Dana, best known for creating his José Jiménez character who appeared on such classics as The Danny Thomas Show (Make Room for Daddy) and The Ed Sullivan Show. The memorable character was also featured on the 1963-65 sitcom The Bill Dana Show
- Actor Jared Martin, who had a recurring role (Dusty) on the primetime soap Dallas. He also guested on such classics as CHiPs, Columbo and The Waltons
- Actress Dina Merrill, who appeared on numerous classic TV series dating back to the 1950s. Her credits included Batman, Bonanza, The F.B.I., Hawaii Five-O and The Love Boat
- English actor Sir Roger Moore, who played the title character Simon Templar on the British TV series The Saint from 1962-69. He’s also well-known for his starring role in 7 James Bond feature films.
- Actor-singer Michael Parks, who guested on shows like The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, Gunsmoke and Perry Mason. He starred in the 1969-70 adventure series Then Came Bronson. He also had a memorable role as Jean Renault on the 1990-91 cult classic Twin Peaks
- English actor Peter Sallis, who appeared in all 295 episodes of the long-running Britcom Last of the Summer Wine (1973-2010)
- Actor-producer Roger Smith, who played private eye Jeff Spencer on the classic detective series 77 Sunset Strip. He was married to actress-singer Ann Margret for 50 years
- Actor Adam West, forever known for his title role on the iconic 1960s superhero series Batman. West also appeared on the crime drama series The Detectives and guested on countless classic shows like 77 Sunset Strip, Bonanza, Emergency!, Mannix, The Outer Limits and Perry Mason. Most recently, he voiced the character of Mayor Adam West on the animated sitcom Family Guy.