If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you already know how much I love MeTV’s classic TV service, available on local broadcast stations coast-to-coast. They serve up a great lineup of classic TV shows from the 1950s to the 1980s, complete with full show credits and fun promos to boot.
Turns out MeTV also has some real gems available for streaming on their website. In addition to public domain cartoons, they’re also offering select episodes of programs from their vast library. Some of the shows are currently airing on MeTV, some have aired in the past.
Keep in mind MeTV rotates their online selection, adding and removing episodes often, so it’s a good idea to check back weekly to see what’s available. Here are the shows available for streaming as of 2/4/14:
- Celebrity Bowling (online only)
- The Dick Van Dyke Show (airs Friday nights on MeTV)
- The Doris Day Show (online only)
- H.R. Pufnstuf (airs Saturday mornings on MeTV)
- The Invisible Man (online only)
- The Land of the Lost (airs Saturday mornings on MeTV)
- The Loretta Young Show (online only)
- The Lucy Show (online only)
- The Mothers-In-Law (online only)
- Peter Gunn (airs Sunday late nights on MeTV)
- The Rifleman (airs Mon-Sat on MeTV)
- The Saint (airs Sunday late nights on MeTV)
- Wanted: Dead or Alive (airs Mon-Sat on MeTV)
I was just watching an episode of Celebrity Bowling…what a hoot! This half-hour syndicated show originally aired from 1971-78 and featured quite an eclectic mix of celebrities. The show I watched had legendary cowboy Roy Rogers and longtime Variety columnist Army Archerd teamed up against Richard Dawson and Lyle Waggoner. Great 70s hair styles and outfits! Roy, Army and Lyle all wore red while “Dick” Dawson sported a stylish blue turtleneck, complete with sideburns and bling. Gotta love it!
You can catch these great classics and learn more about MeTV by visiting their website at MeTVNetwork.com